Environmenstrual Period underwear is as beautiful and comfortable as your favourite undergarment, but it can do much more: it has an integrated membrane system in the crotch that pulls the fluid away from you, soaks it up and prevents it from leaking. We are pleased to introduce the Environmenstrual magic membrane system to you :
- The body-hugging layer is made of super-soft fabrics, which are characterised by their ability to quickly wick moisture away from the body. So you feel dry in no time at all.
- The middle layer is made up of specialized organic cotton fibres that absorb moisture away like a sponge.
- The outermost layer is a liquid-impermeable membrane that will not leak fluid, to protect you from leaking and unpleasant stains. In addition, this layer - like all other layers - is breathable and ensures that you do not sweat and prevents odours.
- The final layer is your base underwear, which holds it all together.
Know Your Flow
Leakproof underwear - Our bamboo leakproof underwear feature a full lining from halfway to the front and all the way up the back of the underwear to help prevent leaks while lying down as well as sitting. They will contain approx. 10-15 ml or 1 -1/12 tampons and can be used as a backup to a menstrual cup or used with our cloth panty liners to keep you going through the whole day on heavy flow days. Some girls with light flows or on light days do use them exclusively.
Heavy flow - suitable for heavy flows and discharge (20ml/ 4 tampons). With protection all the way to the back and either half way (above the pubic bone) or to the front waist seam.
- Super - all of our heavy flow styles are suitable for overnights, as they all have full gusset lining from the back waist seam through to the front. Our Super briefs however, can hold up to 60ml of fluid.
Caring for your UnderwearTreat them with respect and love and they will be good to you! With some simple TLC, your garments will have a long and happy life. We recommend cold machine washing them with gentle, natural detergents in a garment bag on the delicate cycle. We also recommend never using fabric softeners or harsh detergents because these clog the arteries of the fabric, so to speak, and prevent proper wicking and drying. While you can pop them in the dryer on a low setting, line drying is the kinder thing to do. So be kind, line dry.
Be cleansed with harsh detergents (these abrade and break down clothes which shortens their effectiveness and lifespan)
Be cleansed with fabric softeners (it's like fabric cholesterol and blocks the pathways in the fabric through which the liquid travels)
Be bleached (bleach kills everything, need we say more)
Be dry cleaned (putting the products into such a harsh environment with or without the added chemicals is bad)
Be washed in very hot water (heat breaks down the fibers and natural compounds that make these products so effective.